Just In Case We Might Have Forgotten… January 31, 2011Posted by lizp4 in Uncategorized.
Take the time to watch this video, or at least listen to it as you do other tasks. That first three and a half minutes was THE “Uh-Oh” moment for the left. This is why she has been pilloried, vilified, verbally abused, calumied, and slandered for the last two years. It explains a lot.
BIG Thanks to Liberty’s Lamp blog!
Earth Suits And Aints January 29, 2011Posted by lizp4 in Uncategorized.
add a comment
Space suits are state of the art. They have protected many astronauts from the incredibly hostile environment of space, and provided not just communications and protection, but atmospheric safety, sunscreen, and even toilet convenience. Simply put, space suits, with all their newest updates and innovations, are “da bomb.”
We are all aliens here, and aliens need adaptive assistance. Earth is not our home, so we need “Earth suits” while we are on earth. We will never be truly happy until we are Home safe with the Lord, who has had it planned this way from the Beginning, but in the meantime, we do our best, try to keep our earth suits under control, and look forward to Heaven. God has told us that “in His house are many mansions,” so we shouldn’t worry about the Hottentotts, or those little Pygmies in Africa, etc. Our focus should be on our own place in the Kingdom, and how to get there.
What we really are, as you know, is Children of God. Heaven is our home, and this place is our test. As we make our way through the earthly life of which we have been granted custody, most of us should realize that this is NOT all there is, and pandering to our earth suits is not the way to get to Heaven.
Our Earth Suits are made of stars. Every molecule of matter on earth came from something created at the Beginning. Remember science’s Second Law of Thermodynamics? Something to the effect of “matter can neither be created nor destroyed; it can only be changed from one form to another.” All of our elements are leftovers from the early matter of Creation. But, as ancient as those molecules are, they still don’t predate the One who has dressed our souls in the stellar corduroy and cosmic lace we wear all our lives. For this sojurn, we have been given Earth Suits; bodies of flesh and bone that we must keep in good repair while we are here, and yet, be willing to jettison at a moment’s notice, for the sake of the Kingdom home we all have.
Even God Himself took up an Earth Suit for his ministry among us. I am reminded of an old anecdote told by a venerable old Baptist radio preacher, J. Vernon McGee. J. Vernon said, in his inimitable southern way, “Suppose y’all had aints that wouldn’t stay out of your sugar. Y’all told those aints, and told them, to stay out of your sugar. You would have said, “Now, all you aints, I need to tell you that sugar is very bad for you, and you MUST stay out of it!”
“But aints is aints, and they do love sugar. If y’all KNEW that that sugar was BAD for them aints, and if y’all really loved those aints, yall’d want to figure out a way to go down there and tell them in aint-language to stay out of that sugar. So, think of yourself as an aint. And, God has told you and told y’all to stay away from sin. If nothing He says from Heaven can make you listen, He’s gonna find a way to tell you in your own language, so you don’t misunderstand.”
Well, perhaps it’s not quite as simplistic as that, but you get the idea. Earth suit is earth suit.
We must all take care of our Earth Suits, by all means. But we must also be sure not to worship them. And, we are NOT aints. WE are Children of God, and He has a plan for each and every one of us. There WILL be a test.
In Trouble With My Muse January 25, 2011Posted by lizp4 in Uncategorized.
Listening to the chatter about the “prom” tonight at the current resident’s second campaign kickoff rally has left me VERY disgusted with the Republicans in Congress. This is one of the reasons why I don’t watch this kind of stuff. Blatant “symbolism over substance,” as Rush calls it, is the height of hypocrisy. Why (rhetorical “why?”) are the S T U P I D RINOS going along with this jingoistic ruse?
Fortunately, there is another election in two years. At the risk of sounding uncivil, I say, paint a big red, white, and blue bullseye on the back of every last RINO who participates in this piece of hokey looksee pidgin, and VOTE THEIR STUPID REAR ENDS OUT IN 2012!
I’m not watching again this year. Every time I hear about another one of these ridiculous stunts, I’m that much gladder I stopped watching this twaddle years ago.
Oh. While my dander is up…
Did you hear the replay of that piece of Chinese “in-your-face” anti-American propaganda that Lang Lang played at the O’s dinner party for communists? I don’t know about you, but it was beautifully played, monotonously twaddlish, and too long by about 120 minutes. (It was only 8 minutes long? Whoa! A whole 2 hours went by in that 8 minutes…) Whatever floats their boats, I guess. But, ANY “American” who applauded that monstrosity is a traitor. The happy little ditty has lyrics that call American soldiers in the Korean War “jackals.” Great stuff for a state dinner in the people’s house, huh?
I gotta go. I’m going to get in trouble with my muse if I keep this up…
P.S. Be sure to check the “1 year” and “5 year” retros above. New stuff often!
Nets January 23, 2011Posted by lizp4 in Uncategorized.
add a comment
Today’s Gospel reading was taken from the Gospel of St. Matthew, Chapter 4, verses 18 through 21:
“18 As he walked by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew, his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. 19 And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” 20 Immediately they left their nets and followed him. 21 And going on from there he saw two other brothers, James, the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets, and he called them. Immediately they left the boat and their father, and followed him.”
Nets, by their nature, are made of air, and a bit of material which defines the use of that air. The netting, though small and seemingly weak, has great strength and power, in spite of its thinness. As a single line, it would break easily, but woven into the mesh of a net, it becomes a powerful thing that is virtually impossible to resist as long as it is intact.
Picture in your mind’s eye Peter and Andrew dropping their nets and climbing out of the boat, which was their entire source of income. The rest of the crew must have been sure the brothers had gone insane. The same goes for James and John, who literally walked away and left their father “holding the bag.” The prospect of being “fishers of men” must have far outweighed their interest in catching the fish of the sea. Imagine doing such a thing; making such a sacrifice, for the sake of the call of a total stranger.
Leaving our nets of materialism behind us to follow Jesus is probably one of the hardest things we will ever have to do. Our nets, though they appear insignificant when we first see them, entangle us, restrain us, and hold us immobile. When Peter, Andrew, James, and John heard the call of Jesus, however, they left their nets, their livelihoods, and followed immediately. In modern life, mending our nets occupies so much time that when Jesus asks us to follow him, we are so encumbered that dropping our nets is virtually impossible.
Some More Questions January 21, 2011Posted by lizp4 in Uncategorized.
1. Why are most abortions performed on minority women? The same minority women, I might add, who are the people the left claims they want to “help?”
2. How does killing these women’s children help them (or the babies that are killed)?
3. Aren’t the minorities the ones the leftists are depending on for votes? Just scratching my head, here…
4. If abortion is the “good” thing the left keeps saying it is, why isn’t it done for free?
5. Why doesn’t the government prohibit abortionists from charging for the “service?”
7. Is it wrong to wish for an affirmative answer to question 6, above? Or that that “appropriate punishment” might include some of the weapons and techniques of torture he used on the babies he slaughtered?
8. Why isn’t this so-called “clinic” not called what it really is, an abbattoir? (slaughterhouse)
Some Good Questions January 18, 2011Posted by lizp4 in Uncategorized.
Liberals like Ed Koch of New York say that Sarah Palin “scares the hell out of [them]!” Interesting. Just what is it about her that scares him (and all the left, a bunch on the Right, and a huge pile of the middle) so badly?
* Can it be that they are afraid of her influence on people?
* Are they frightened because they know she is right?
* Do they listen to her, and feel themselves moved to agree? I think that has something to do with it, to be sure. I believe they feel her magnetism, and it frightens them because she is making them want to question their long-held leftist beliefs. Not all of the leftists, of course, can articulate their fears. Most of them are just hateful, sour, and twisted, and happy to be so.
* Are they afraid America under a Palin presidency might regain its primary place in the world? Do they hate America THAT MUCH??
* Does a sovereign nation with intact borders, a prosperous citizenry, and a strong military frighten them? If so, why aren’t they moving to France or England?
* Are they afraid she might stimulate a reborn economy, a new standard for the world? Probably, because they are ignorant enough not to know how a healthy economy really works, and stupid enough not to care. They didn’t realize when they voted for the current resident, that America’s economy literally drove the rest of the world, and when it stumbled, it threatened to pull down all the rest of the industrialized nations with it.
* Maybe they are afraid that their gravy trains will stop, or that their corruption will be exposed and they will have to be prosecuted for their crimes. This is one that is so logical I think it is one of the basic, underlying mindsets. They had better start finding some really good places to stash their ill-gotten gains, and get themselves lawyered up, because if the next GOP government doesn’t come after them, the voters will. They are in a mood, lefties. Better not tease the bear…
* Are they afraid to let us drill in the US for our own oil and natural resources?
* Do they fear Sarah as president because of her expertise in natural resources and development, especially oil and natural gas?
* Do they fear it because it will not only make us less dependent, but more sovereign? Or that it might pump up our economy to bursting? Selfish toads like this are never happy. They will do everything they can to prevent anyone who is not in the elite from having more than a scrap of what THEY believe is theirs by right.
* Are they frightened that she, being profoundly Pro-Life, would see to it that abortion laws be turned back to the states and legislated against on a state-by-state basis?
* Are they worried about their search-and-destroy mission against Down Syndrome and other congenital deficiencies?
* What business is it of theirs? They are all self-appointed. No one (who really matters) has ever asked them for their opinions on such things. But since they all wish for a consequence-free sex life, they believe abortion is their right, so they are going to force it on everyone. Nice folks: Slaughter a baby in its mother’s womb because it exists inconveniently, as a solution to a problem they created, themselves. Like I said: Selfish.
* Maybe they are afraid we will become self-sufficient and prosperous again, and stop needing their nanny government? This, I believe, is the biggest fear of all. As I have stated here before, it must be sad to be a liberal, and have to live in such a cramped, dreary, dismal, ugly, and unfulfilling world. But, apparently, to see them in action is to realize that they WANT it that way.
Besides, she’s pretty as can be, and would sure brighten things up in Washington.
Insane January 17, 2011Posted by lizp4 in Uncategorized.
Have you wondered, during all this mess since the shootings in Tucson, how the left can do the very thing they accuse the right of doing, and screaming it at the tops of their lungs? Don’t they know we have already figured out their game plan? Don’t they care that we see what they are up to?
I kept thinking as the week went on and more details came out about the shooter, his victims, and other things that would have made SANE people dial it back a little. But it looks like every time the sound and fury appears to be moderating, they jump up and start yelling again, trying from every angle they can imagine to impugn the reputations of decent Americans.
And, they wonder why we voted them out in 2010. Could it be that we prefer S A N E people in our lawmaking chambers??
Cheechakos January 16, 2011Posted by lizp4 in Uncategorized.
add a comment
Cheechako ( Chee-CHOCK-oh): A newcomer to Alaska and/or the Great White North. A greenhorn. A Northerly newbie. The opposite of a sourdough.
We have had a lot of cheechakos in Alaska in the last couple of years. Some, God bless them, came, found it to their liking, and stayed, to see if they could earn the title, “sourdough.” The rest of them just came, looked around themselves, decided they were going to hate every second of their exile here, and made themselves and everybody around them as miserable as possible (a la Kate Gosselin) until they could get back out to the airport.
You can live here all your life and still be a cheechako at heart. Some people never do realize what Alaska has to offer, and they never accept life on Alaska’s terms. They complain, they whine, they grumble, they bellyache.
Since Sarah Palin was chosen as the Republican Vice-Presidential candidate in the 2008 Presidential election, this place has become overrun with cheechakos. Know how I can tell? They are the guys who come to Wasilla and complain about EVERYTHING. Instead of maybe picking up some information at the Chamber of Commerce, or making friends with some locals, they prefer to remain as “different” from us as they can. They are the guys who go into a WalMart and have to ask where the bathrooms are.
Well, one thing about the current crop of “political” cheechakos in Wasilla that can be counted as positive: They won’t be back.
Guest Article January 16, 2011Posted by lizp4 in Uncategorized.
add a comment
Here is a timely and informed post from FReeper excopconservative. As a former policeman, he has had experience in this area. I was interested because the absolute most-visited post on the Sourdough is “Why The Left Hates Sarah Palin,” which briefly mentions this subject.
The subject is so touchy that most people won’t even “go there.” But the fact remains that there are people around us who feel so inadequate that the only way they can feel “normal” is to prey on those weaker than themselves, and this is done either overtly or unconsciously in a sexual fantasy. But we all need to learn and understand when things like the Tucson shootings occur that the event is like an iceberg, and about 9/10 of it are hidden under darkly secret psychological water.
Many thanks to the FReeper who wrote such a thought-provoking article:
The “Sexual” Attacks on Rep. Giffords and Gov. Palin
The Daily Caller has reported that the suspect took photos of himself wearing a red G string and holding a Glock near his ..(rhymes with Glock). I recall once attending an FBI class for sex crime investigators and being told that sex criminals have a different definition of sex than most people do. It’s whatever makes them feel pleasure. The shooting in Tucson is now starting to take shape as a sex crime. The suspect associated the Glock with sex.
The suspect had a fascination with Rep. Giffords and a feeling of rejection by her. We know he attended at least one of her meetings in 2007 and came away with a negative impression due to the manner in which she dismissed his question. He said that she was stupid and uninformed. Why criminals fixate on their victims is not an exact science. For some reason she became the center for his sexual fascination which morphed into hatred and the sexual release of attacking her with the Glock. The suspect also wanted to make his mark in history and become known. His shooting of other victims assured that he would be famous.
A very similar thing is happening to Gov. Palin although there is no equivalency in degree. The leftist PDS sufferers have fixated on Gov. Palin. The sexual component in their fascination can’t be denied. There are continual references to her as a “milf” and using the “c” word and other sexually demeaning terms. These people have had their politics “dissed” by Gov. Palin. Maybe some of the women have had abortions and feel the Governor’s rejection even though she doesn’t know them and hasn’t had any contact with them. Maybe the rejection is completely imaginary, an assumption that she wouldn’t approve of their lifestyle due to her conservative politics. For the sin of whatever perceived slight Gov. Palin has made toward them, they use the weapon at hand, their pencil or keyboard to savage her. They say the she is stupid and uniformed. They seem to get pleasure from the activity, so according the FBI class, it must be sex. They extend their attack to include the tea party and conservatives in general. This assures that they will get maximum attention.
The forces at work in Palin Derangement Syndrome may well be similar to those that motivated the attack on Rep. Giffords, but we won’t know for sure until we see if a photo surfaces of Chris Matthews in a red G string holding a pencil.
Shame On Them January 15, 2011Posted by lizp4 in Uncategorized.
add a comment
Why attempt the gymnastic logic of asserting that the act of a deranged personality was linked to the tea parties and the American right? Two reasons: Political calculation and personal belief. –Daniel Henninger, WSJ
Conservatives have the majority all across the country, but they don’t own the airwaves.
The bully pulpit belongs to the leftists, and they are beating us to death with it since the Tucson shootings. Every damned liberal crybaby in the country is out there telling everybody how evil we on the right are, how warlike and aggressive.
This, while they tie our hands behind our backs and slap us silly with their screechy rhetoric. It’s no wonder little old ladies are afraid to go to bed at night. I would be, too, if I FEARED what I was going to see and hear on the news the next day. The left is COUNTING on this fear to sway ignorant people to their side of the “discussion” (if you can call what they are doing a “discussion”). This is how they keep their True Believers in line. This is how they control the entire direction of the dialogue.
Daniel Henninger from the WSJ has put it into clear perspective for us.
How to respond to all of this? How about like this?
Remember the days when it was permissible to shame gossips, liars, and scolds? Maybe it’s time we picked up that meme and got it going once again. Whenever we speak of this debacle of calumny, we should remember to add that the act of slandering another’s reputation, especially with malice, is not just against the law, it’s a shameful thing to do. Taking back the dialogue can be done. We must be diligent, and not allow the left to dominate this topic any longer. Enough is enough.